What Are Metal Carports ?
A metal carport is the steel structure engineered to protect your belongings from all kinds of weather. Your vehicle is forecast to be one of the biggest expenses of your lifetime. Why leave a car or truck to the elements when UV rays and extreme temperatures can cause wear on your vehicle’s paint?
However, the modern carport is much more than just a car cover. Manufacturers provide a wealth of customization options to make your carport a worthy investment and valuable addition to your property. After all, the average American garage has become a flex space for hobbies and crowded with home storage. If your garage has no space left for your vehicle, what should you do? A metal carports is the perfect solution!
Different Types of Metal Carports
Metal carports are a marvel of architecture, engineered for a lifetime of stability. Recognized by the International Building Code for its fire-resistant properties, steel is a top-rated material for safe construction. Because it is ductile, dependable, and affordable, steel is quickly making metal buildings the new standard in modern construction.
- Regular Roof Carports A budget-friendly option for every customer, the regular roof features curved edges over a cold-formed steel frame. These carports are a common sight in temperate climates all over the country. You will find these engineered both with and without sides.
- The A-Frame Roof Carport The A-frame roof, commonly known as the “boxed-eave” style, is a beautifully designed addition to any property. Durability and style are blended in an appealing manner in this excellent structure. You can consider aesthetically pleasing options like the gable (triangular steel piece beneath the roof).
- Vertical roof Carports Vertical roof carports utilize the strongest roof in the industry, expertly rated for wind speeds up to 140mph and snow loads up to 35psf. The vertical installation of roof panels guides debris, rain, and snow to the ground. If you want your carport to have that finished appearance, talk to your manufacturer about “J-trim”.
- 1 car carports A one car carport is the compact building you need for everything from vehicle protection to durable storage. Most manufacturers offer customization options, allowing clients to create carports that match or complement existing homes and structures. Most paint colors have a twenty-year rust-through warranty.
- 2 Car carports A two car carport will provide space for your SUV and the lawn equipment. These carports can be engineered with Dutch frames and J-trim for a more stylish appearance. You can have panels installed for a semi-enclosed structure as well.
- 3 Car carports If you need space for the entire family fleet, a three-car carport will provide all the flexible space you need. Park the cars and keep space for a workshop or store all the sports equipment with plenty of room for the camping supplies. You’ll be surprised what can fit beneath the clear span coverage of these wide carports!
- RV Carports Your RV is your home away from home. Unfortunately, your average RV won’t fit in the typical American garage. When high winds and hail come for your camper, be sure it has a high-quality steel cover. The metal carport is easily height customized to accommodate your beloved RV, and you’ll find custom options for panelling available with most manufacturers.
- Boat Carports Life is better on a boat, and life for your boat is better with a carport. Keep your boat free of rain, snow, and debris with a metal carport. No one enjoys trying to wrestle with a tarp; treat yourself and your boat to a beautiful, durable carport.
What Are the Incredible Advantages of Using Metal Carports?
Metal carports are flexible spaces, offering durable and long-lasting protection for your storage. Steel has a much longer lifespan than other construction materials and is both fire-resistant and non-corrosive. When you invest in a metal building, you’re investing for the long-term.
While a garage is a permanent structure, carports offer portability; they can be used as a picnic cover on your property or a popup yoga studio wherever you wish to watch the sun rise. Shopping for a carport is a pleasure because the average carport price is half the cost of a timber structure. Even better, metal buildings are typically engineered and installed within two months, far faster than their traditional stick-built counterparts.
Metal carports require almost no maintenance once they are installed. Unlike wood structures, you won’t need pest control or sealant to prevent decay. Steel is resistant to mold and mildew, and most manufacturers back their products with a warranty.
Did you know that steel is 100% recyclable? Steel is one of the most eco-friendly materials in the business, created without any toxic chemicals and designed to be reused. Show your commitment to the environment with a metal carport.
Metal carports are popular all over the country because they are affordable, durable, and reliable. When a certified carport is installed professionally, a carport will add value to your property! Custom designs and colors have made the modern carport a stylish addition to your home. A metal carport will protect your valuables and vehicles with expertly rated steel, designed to withstand high winds and extreme weather. The carport has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a simple car cover. With all the options at your fingertips, what are you waiting for? Today is the perfect time to invest in a metal carport.